Competition:Closed when it comes to 2020-2021 year that is academic
Whom is applicable: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only Canadian institutions can submit applications on the behalf of applicants. They could elect to set their very own internal due date to receive documentation that is supporting.
Description: The appearing Leaders when you look at the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America plus the Caribbean with short-term change possibilities for research or research, in Canada, in the university, undergraduate and graduate amounts.
- Value and length
- Key times
The Emerging Leaders when you look at the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and pupil exchange agreements between Canadian and Latin American or institutions that are caribbean. These agreements are manufactured between colleges, technical or institutions that are vocational universities. Pupils, hereby called “candidates”, should be registered as full-time pupils within their house organization during the time of application and through the whole timeframe of these research or research remain in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary organizations
Canadian organizations are:
- accountable for publishing applications with respect to eligible applicants from organizations in Latin America and also the Caribbean; and
- Encouraged to promote this scholarship opportunity to staff and faculty people, in addition to to partner institutions in Latin America plus the Caribbean.
Canadian organizations with effective applicants:
- should determine a person that is single for the management of this share contract and someone else with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share money from Global Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Applicants thinking about this scholarship system should contact their house institution to:
- make their interest understood;
- determine if there was a preexisting collaboration that is institutional change contract by having a Canadian organization; and
- demand information regarding the program procedure and selection requirements particular towards the institution that is canadian offer any extra information, such as for example transcripts, language test outcomes, a study task and an enrollment kind for the change system.
Selected applicants ought to:
- make sure that they match the needs of this institution that is canadian educational demands and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and stick to the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the Canadian organization (generally speaking a report license is necessary for program work and a work license is needed for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits for their house institution just as his or her courses that are canadian been identified; and
- contact alumni associated with the system through their house institution for advice and a perspective that is local the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are anticipated to return to accomplish their studies at their property organizations upon conclusion regarding the scholarship duration.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- keep in touch with partner organizations in Canada to ensure or explore collaborations that are institutional pupil change agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their worldwide workplaces;
- determine strong educational prospects whom meet with the admission demands when it comes to Canadian partner organization;
- supply the applicants’ documents to the Canadian partner organization, which can be in charge of publishing the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to achieve extra training that is linguistic scholastic upgrading and social preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship value and period
Funding for ELAP scholarships is manufactured available by worldwide Affairs Canada through its appropriate name: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The institution that is canadian get financing from DFATD for many effective applicants by means of a contribution agreement and you will be accountable for supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs with regards to the level and duration of research. The scholarship value for pupils is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for no less than four months or one term that is academic of or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to 6 months of research or study.
The canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada in addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD.
Canadian organizations will disburse scholarship funds towards the scholarship recipient to play a role in the after costs:
- visa and/or study/work permit costs;
- airfare, for the scholarship recipient just, to Canada by the many direct and affordable route and return airfare upon completion regarding the scholarship;
- medical insurance;
- bills, such as for example accommodation, resources and meals;
- ground public transportation, including a transportation that is public; and
- publications and materials needed for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computer systems as well as other gear.
at the mercy of the conditions and terms associated with the Contribution Agreement, capital will likely be disbursed with a cheque given into the Canadian institution upon receiving the next papers:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority in the institution that is canadian the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a cashflow Statement submitted by the institution that is canadian coincide aided by the arrival of this scholarship recipients to Canada.