An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in the usa in 2017, based on a Pew Research Center analysis associated with U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this analytical profile are those who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian beginning; this can include immigrants from Colombia and people who trace their loved ones ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians will be the seventh-largest populace of Hispanic beginning located in the usa, accounting for just two% associated with the U.S. population that is hispanic 2017. Since 2000, the Colombian-origin population has increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million throughout the period. The colombian foreign-born population living in the U.S. grew by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017 at the same time. The nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin group, constituted 36.6 million, or 62%, of the Hispanic population in 2017 by comparison, Mexicans.
Colombian-origin population within the U.S., 2000-2017
|Year||international born||U.S. created|
Pew Analysis Center
Listed here key points compare demographic and financial faculties of this Colombian-origin population in the U.S. with all the faculties of U.S. Hispanics therefore the U.S. populace overall. It really is considering Pew analysis Center tabulations for the 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics when you look at the U.S., about 33% are international created, in contrast to 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians have been around in the U.S. for over twenty years, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have acquired at the very least a degree that is bachelorвЂ™s weighed against 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians many years 25 and older, the U https://datingservicesonline.net/omegle-review/.S. born are far more most likely compared to the born that is foreign have bachelorвЂ™s level or more (42% vs. 30%).
- The median annual personal earnings for those ages 16 and older was $25,000, compared with $28,600 for Colombians among U.S. hispanics.
- Evaluating full-time, year-round workers, U.S. Hispanics received lower than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics whom are now living in poverty (19%) is higher than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, because do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) is comparable to the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians into the U.S., prices of homeownership are reduced for the U.S. born than international created (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The Colombian populace is focused in Florida (31%), ny (14%) and nj-new jersey (12%).
- The age that is median of Hispanics (29) is leaner than that of Colombians (37) in addition to U.S. populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less likely to want to be married (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians many years 18 and older, those people who are international created are more inclined to be hitched compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. Hispanic women many years 15 to 44 gave delivery into the one year before the July 2017 United states Community Survey. The price for Colombian females had been 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older talk just English in the home or talk English at the very least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Similarly, 64% of Hispanic grownups are English proficient, because are 57% of Colombian grownups.
Down load the info
Other U.S. Hispanic reality sheets
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin group-specific reality sheets:
Pew Research CenterвЂ™s fact sheets on U.S. Latinos and the associated we blog post examine the Latino populace for the United States general and also by its 15 biggest origin groups вЂ” Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Salvadorans, Cubans, Dominicans, Guatemalans, Colombians, Hondurans, Spaniards, Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Nicaraguans, Venezuelans, Argentines and Panamanians. These sheets offer detailed geographic, demographic and characteristics that are economic all Latinos as well as for each Latino origin team. They truly are centered on Pew Research Center tabulations associated with the U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) while the 2000 U.S. census that is decennial.
The ACS may be the household survey that is largest in america, with an example in excess of 3 million details. It covers the subjects formerly covered within the long kind of the decennial census. The ACS is made to offer quotes for the size and faculties of this population that is resident which include people located in households and group quarters. To get more information regarding the ACS, such as the sampling strategy and linked error, begin to see the 2010, 2015 or 2017 United states Community SurveyвЂ™s Accuracy Statement given by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The precise information sources for those reality sheets will be the 1% types of the 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) Integrated Public utilize Microdata Series (IPUMS) given by the University of Minnesota and also the 5% sample of this 2000 decennial census. IPUMS assigns uniform codes, towards the level feasible, to information gathered because of the decennial census and the ACS from 1850 to 2017. To learn more about IPUMS, including adjustable meaning and sampling mistake, please go to the вЂњIPUMS Documentation and consumer Guide.вЂќ
Because of variations in the manner in which IPUMS and Census Bureau adjust earnings data and designate poverty status, information supplied on these subjects might change from information which are given by the Census Bureau.