Ford High History 101

Henry Ford High 1963 Built on Detroit's West side in the late 1950s , the school was not completed until Fall 1962. Ford was built to accommodate the student overflow from Mumford, Redford, and Cooley High Schools. When it first opened, Ford's north-side was a bare cinder-block wall. When removed a few years later, the […]

Ford High History 102

Evergreen and Trojan Less than three years after the January 1955 ground breaking ceremony, Detroit's Henry Ford High School (located on Evergreen Rd, between Trojan and Fargo) opened its doors to 9th and 10th grade students on September 5, 1957. The school was built on a 23.5 acre site (costing $120,000), which was part of […]